Monday, March 21, 2005

On Life.

I have a friend, who has given up on life.
Define life.
Life is what we live every day. How can someone give up on what is for most of us, an animal instinctive hope that we involuntarily cling to? How can a despair that strong possibly take hold of someone? I can't imagine how that is in the realm of possibility.
I want to runaway. Escape. I don't much like this life anymore. I would much rather a new one.
To be someone else, at least for a day, would be such a relief. Or maybe an object. Objects don't have feelings. They can't get hurt. They are simply there to enrich people's lives and bring them joy.
There is one feeling that i can't stand and that is to feel useless. To be unable to help someone. I think that has to be the worst feeling in the world. But if i was an object, i would have a specific purpose. I would be able to help someone with a problem. And yes, maybe it would only be that one problem, but at least i would have the guaruntee that i could help them with one thing.
There are no guaruntee's when your human...
So i resolve to pretend i am in Italy, with all of my friends who are leaving me, here at home with my good friend Evan and try to forget about this life. I will live in that one.

Song of the moment: Grace Like Rain by Todd Agnew, sung by JoHanne Abrams

4 Comments:

Blogger Civil Whisper said...

A lot of times, feelings only hold people back. With less feelings, there would be no worry, which would increase confidence. I know I would rather be neutral than sad.


The "good" feelings aren't relevant for this reply because I have a different response in regards to them.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Dingus said...

I agree with Aaron in every way in regards to this.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Civil Whisper said...

I do too... I guess music is where I vent my emotions, so it is harder to see what emotions I am showing otherwise. In person I am generally neutral-happy (I think), but musically I am almost always sad. Good call.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Syxx said...

Evan, sex! That is the best plan that i have heard yet! But we must also take long walks, buy baguette's, take the occasional gondola ride, and do artsy things like drawing, taking photo's and dancing. And eat gelliato.(I can't spell today.)

Aaron, thank you for your point of view. I would have to say that i totally agree with you when take a moment to think it through. I would rather feel sad then nothing at all. Feeling nothing is a big fear of mine...

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home