Monday, May 09, 2005

Fairy Godmothers and Frog Princes.

Stayed in last night for the first time in......wow the first time that i can remember in at least a year and watched movies with my family. And i think we only got in one argument. Must be a record.
Anyways, we watched Catch Me If You Can, A Cinderella Story and After the Sunset. While we were watching A Cinderella Story, i came to the realization that i may never find my one perfect person. But, i think i am ok with that. I have come to terms with being the single friend that all my couple friends enjoy, and i think i can live with that. My aunty Rosie seems to do a pretty stand-up job of it. I mean, its not like i have ever been good at the dating thing anyways. Perhaps i, and therefore anyone who has ever been interested in me, are better off this way. I may not be the right Niki, or never be the right one for that matter, but i like being this Niki.
I think i am content right now. Or at least, i will be. Soon.

Song of the moment: The Book of Love by Peter Gabriel

5 Comments:

Blogger Clifford said...

You know I thought alot about that too. I'm 75% sure that I won't actually love the woman I marry. I think I'll meet a woman that already has kids and fall in love with her kids and marry her for thier sake. That and I took a look at older people relationships, mostly my parents. They had 7 kids together and are divorced. Niether has anything good to say about the other, and now my mom is alone and my dad is with a woman that no person on earth could love. So you just gotta play what you get dealt. And there aint nothing wrong with not being good with relationships, if you think your not good, then I'm a million times worse.
or I'll end up marrying a friend at like 40 because were both sick of being alone or something. yup, thats life, and we all dropped the soap.

1:12 AM  
Blogger Dingus said...

The best of friends comprised of the opposite sex become the best of lovers. Old concept, but true. Just because you haven't found someone yet or been successful in relationships doesn't mean you'll be lonely forever, darling. Dwelling on something that isn't there is wasted emotion. I remember, baby. Enjoy what you have, anticipate what may be, but don't worry over what's not there. Never lose hope. I <3 ye, Niki. I'm glad you're accepting yourself, but never give up hope for what you may have in the future.

12:52 PM  
Blogger tvpartytonight said...

"Love will tear us apart."
- Ian Curtis

7:03 PM  
Blogger Syxx said...

Your like Jerry Maguire, Cliff.

Aaron, short and sweet, as always.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Syxx said...

Thanks to everyone who replied, i value all of your opinions greatly.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home